Ever feel like you just want to read something beautifully written, inspirational, and perhaps a bit random? Following the thoughts of the writer is more fitting than random I’d say. I have only a few people who actually read my blog, and Danica is one of them. I read her post tonight. It’s all I wrote about above. Check it out here. (had my hubby help link that).
ps~ on a slight side note. I must remember to never blog that I’m bored again… The cat got sick 2minutes later on the carpet.. yeah.. gross.
Well I should be in bed. However I read a few blog updates from my favorite blogs and decided, who needs sleep ~ when you can blog….right? lol.
Anyway, Gabe the 4 year old I watch always informs me that the rules at our house aren’t the same as at his house (of course). So I thought I’d list out and see what the basic rules are, lets take a look;
1) Please respect my house ~ No jumping, standing, hanging or climbing on the couch, glass coffee table or any other furniture that is located upstairs.
2) Be nice to one another ~ no spitting, hitting, pulling, biting, pushing, pulling, ramming, shoving, punching, kicking, slapping (shall I continue?).
3) Table manners ~ No talking with mouth full. Once done eating they must remain at the table (for an understandable amount of time) until everyone is done eating. (and one day I’m sure I’ll have to add No food fights).
4) Common sense ~ If you are not siting at the table then you are to drink/eat in the kitchen.
5) Wash your hands with soap and water after going pee (and before meals).
6) Boogers are to be wiped with Kleenex NOT shirts or hands (I despise boogers).
7) If you harass the cat and she scratches you, it’s your own fault. Leave her ALONE.
8 ) ~ Added just for the boys~ No Kung Fu while the girls are up, and Girls are more fragile than boys so be EXTRA gentle.
9) Outdoor activities are to be done Outside not inside ~ Like throwing balls, kicking balls, playing tag etc…
All in all I think they are pretty basic right? All day everyday I have to remind them of some… #1+2 are the most commonly reminded. Today I had to inform Gabe (hence rule #6) that if he’s a big enough boy to stand to go pee then he’s a big enough boy to use Kleenex not his shirt. OR if he rather he can sit to pee then I’ll allow him to use his shirt instead of Kleenex………He agreed that he’s old enough to start using Kleenex. (mission accomplished!).
Good night all! God bless you!
I used to love when Tipsy, our cat, would come and rub up against my legs while I used the washroom. Or how she would snuggle up against me at night. But now. Now that I give myself to my kids and husband all day and night. Those times I used to cherish now annoy me. When I’m in the washroom after the kids are in bed I don’t want the cat coming in for snuggles. I just want to be alone. And at night, I want the leg room to be able to move about as I need for a good nights sleep. Many times when I return from feeding Olivia I find Tipsy snuggled in where I was laying. I pick her up and move her, usually feeling annoyed that I’m not already snuggled in asleep myself. Poor cat. I know she’s just wanting attention like she got before the girls came along. But I don’t get much alone time right now, so although I feel sorry for her she’s just going to have to wait a bit longer before she gets my attention. Orlund luckily is good at giving her some rubs when she snuggles up on the couch. I love her. I do miss our snuggles, but I miss my alone time even more. I’m sure any mom out there understands the awesomeness of a trip to the washroom without interruption!